What We Do
is an affordable, rugged, end-to-end, solution for Industrial IOT monitoring and control. A variety of off-the-shelf sensors connect to the 9V battery-powered Transceiver which reports data measurements, environmental conditions, and device health information to the LTE cellular Gateway. The Gateway aggregates data from multiple Transceivers and reports to a back-end server where the data may be visualized through a custom dashboard, and alerts may be sent via text message, email, or call chain. Alternatively, the data may be accessed for use in your application via a set of open APIs.
More than half of our 86 schools lost power during Hurricane Florence. The Cellio monitoring system enabled us to monitor the cold storage units across the county without compromising the safety of staff that would otherwise have to travel to the facilities to check the status of the equipment and inventories. The cellular communication and battery back-up features were extremely beneficial during the storm, allowing the monitoring system to continue communicating temperatures during the power outages.
BinVisionTM powered by CellioR checks all the boxes! Growers have safer farms and have virtually eliminated the need for emergency feed deliveries and vacuum outs of extra feed. At the mill, our grain forecasting and feed production scheduling has improved 3-fold, as has our delivery route optimization. New analytics help us forecast feed consumption and really dial in the best production date. The system paid for itself many times over in just a matter of months and the annual operating expense is extremely low compared to other solutions.
Since installing the Cellio monitoring system, we have been able to identify problems with the walk-in units and make repairs prior to compromising the food inventories. Not only does it preserve the safety and quality of the food, but avoids the disruption to our operations that would be caused if the inventories were lost due to equipment failures. Preventing the food loss has saved us time and money.
With all the safety compliance requirements, we started to worry if someone was going to be able to detect and report light outages soon enough to keep us from getting fined.
Our mills need an accurate and timely view of what’s going on in the farm bins. We need a consistent and reliable inventory of feed to reduce emergency deliveries and outages. Cellio allows us to do this.
We used to have to pay our employees overtime to drive around at night or early morning to check all of the lights –this costs a LOT of overtime and wasn’t always timely.
News and Recent Events
- Device Solutions is excited to be selected as an NCSU ECE Senior Design team sponsor for the third time since 2014. Participation in the Senior Design program has been a wonderful opportunity for us to “give back” with financial support as a sponsor and mentor the next generation of innovators. The Senior Design program has been an effective recruiting tool for us, yielding several key team members. We look forward to seeing what this years cohort can create! Click for more details.
- Device Solutions is proud to be accepted into Nordic's Partner Program. For more than a decade, Nordic Semi has provided us with quality products and efficient support and we are looking forward to continuing to work with the Nordic ecosystem to drive greater adoption of wireless technologies and bring our customers' products to market faster! More information about the partnership program can be found here
- Device Solutions is looking forward to exhibiting at PCB Carolina 2021 full day Electronics Technical Conference on November 10th from 7:30am until 6:00pm ET, at the McKimmon Center, NC State university, Raleigh. You don’t want to miss out on this FREE event. Click here for Event website and Registration information.
- Device Solutions is looking forward to exhibiting at RIoT’s IoT Demo Night on October 18th, 5-8pm ET, at the Raleigh Convention Center in partnership with All Things Open! We will be showcasing a few Device Solutions enabled IOT application and demos – stop by to say hello. You don’t want to miss out on this FREE event. Register today: https://www.meetup.com/RIoT-NC/events/279447269/
- Thanks to Rachael Newberry, RIOT's Program Director for co-presenting a great L&L presentation at RIOT-NC headquarters on "Business Model Canvases & Accelerator Programs: Worth the Effort?" Check out the slides here! August 11, 2021
- If you missed the December "Smart Farming with IOT" R!OT Virtual Lunch & Learn, click here to view the video recording!
- Check out our new White Paper “Smart Farming with IOT – Feed Bin Level Monitoring Enables Rapid ROI for Feed Mills in Live Production” October 13, 2020
- 15 Minutes with Device Solutions CEO on Cellio! August 18, 2020
- Device Solutions Partners with Info Patterns for Connected Greenhouses. July 10, 2020
- See Device Solutions’ CTO, Chris Lamb, discussing how companies are tackling the challenges of product development when all stakeholders can’t be in the same room. 1:00pm on May 14. Click here for more information from RIoT! May 13, 2020
- Sorry if you missed us presenting “The IOT Plug and Play Myth” for the NC R!OT Lunch and Learn Series. Check out the slides here! April 30, 2020
- Read More