The convergence of technologies and trends can result in indelible changes that ripple throughout an industry. As noted in a recent NPR piece, “What Is A Paradigm Shift, Anyway?”, paradigm shifts are denoted by replacing the usual way of thinking with a different way. One example trend is replacing manual field data gathering with distributed automated devices that consistently, regularly, and accurately collect and transmit data from sensors to the back-end where it can be aggregated, analyzed, displayed, and automated. Cellio is the technology platform upon which these subtle systemic shifts can occur as business owners, business pressures, or changes in process and supply chain demand them.
Select Systemic Shifts
There may be a number of shifts going on in parallel when an organization has a platform like Cellio. These shifts taken independently or in combination may lead to a new standard that all competitors will have to follow just to keep from losing their position. These source of these shifts can be based on many different elements:
- Low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) that is not only low cost, but even less expensive than the traditional equipment installed
- Very low equipment/CAPEX costs allowing for more flexibility in cash flow and cash reserves
- Rapid and relatively low installation effort
- Consistent and dependable reporting of data from the field
- Remote control from the same dashboard to the same devices
- Fully integrated end-to-end (E2E) offering out of the box
- Full system deployments possible in the span of hours or days
The Cellio Wireless Network has been designed to be quick, affordable, and high quality. Cellio Wireless Transceivers allow the Cellio system and customers to quickly and easily expand existing systems with as many sensors and controllers as they like (with minimal incremental expense). The data collected in the back-end data system can be easily and rapidly mapped and provided for view on PC’s, tablets, smartphones, etc. both via browser views as well as automatically generated native mobile app views. Sharing and modifying the dashboard views is quick and easy. All of this is available and in place today. There is a saying that you should “Inspect what you expect”. Looking at a paradigm shift, before it has shifted, is a bit like betting on the lead candidate, who happens to be the underdog, before the race has completely been run. The best bet is to get behind that candidate and help make sure they get across the finish line first.